My Golden Birthday

Friday, June 3, 2011


On 5-25 I turned 25!
Am I really in my mid-twenties? I thought that by the time I hit the golden bday
I would be mourning this supposedly high number. But ya know what? I am proud of it!
I am excited about all of the things I have learned and been a part of in my 25 years of life.
The best part is there is so much more to come!
So my bday landed on a Wednesday which meant a full day of school.
When I got out of the shower Derrick called me into the kitchen where he had a
cake, flowers, and a gift laid out on the kitchen table.
Now this wasn't just any ol' cake.
(He had spent three hours the night before preparing it.
I had no idea what he was making, he banished me from the kitchen and so... painted my nails)
He made me my favorite cake ever! Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake. mmmmmm...
I love this cake so much that I remember on my 18th Bday I went to Cheesecake Factory with my family, ordered a slice, brought it home and took only one bite a day so I could savor it for a whole week! haha And Derrick didn't even know that story til after he had made it. Needless to say I love him more because of his thoughtfulness.
My only regret is that I would have taken some good pics! We just dove right in that morning and by that time I thought of taking a pic, it was mutilated. But wow it was amazing!

This is Cheesecake Factory's version. Derrick's was just as delicious.

So that was my start to a wonderful birthday.
It was a beautiful day, perfectly warm and only slightly breezy.
I got lots of love from family and friends:)

What Derrick and I were really excited for was the coming weekend because
we had big plans to spend our 4 day weekend wisely
and celebrate our anniversary/my bday somewhere fun.
But we still hadn't decided where to go or what to do! Jackson? Yellowstone? Salt Lake? Park City?
were St George and Las Vegas too far?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground